Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] touchscreen  (Read 5317 times)

Offline vilde

• User
[EN] touchscreen
« on: 2017/05/17, 20:03:55 »
I now since I have red one not so funny topic about this device that you don't really like the ASUS transformer but as latest siduction really start and work out of the box live on my ASUS T100TAF,  that is good. I have manage to get wifi to work and also installed on hard disk. BUT, the touchscreen does not work. I have tried other live distros like ubuntu :( and debian jessie, and in both of them the touchscreen work out of the box. Therefore I believe that it shall work in siduction also, does anybody have a clue what I shall do?

I have used the little outdated, and also not exactly the right device, https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/T100TA to get information but there they also assume that touchscreen is working out of the box.

(I can't get the soundcard to work either, following advice on debian wiki doesn't help)

and also, as usual I have used the XFCE version of siduction

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline vilde

• User
Re: touchscreen
« Reply #2 on: 2017/05/17, 21:51:43 »
Not much help, but, you never know

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xinput-calibrator

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43977092/touchscreen-calibration-error-on-rotated-debian-touchscreen

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Debian_Wheezy

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/touchscreen

After a quick check o above links, maybe the last one gave a hint although I don't really understand the output of the "less /proc/bus/input/devices" maybe the kernel don't support touchscreen??? If booth jessie and ubuntu make the tuchscreen work directly from scratch, why is it not working in siduction?

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2017/05/17, 23:51:40 »
you could try a different kernel...

Btw: I have a touchscreen on my Dell XPS13, but i do not use it. Its not really good for anything as long as twofinger-gestures are not working. Zooming will not work. only scrolling and clicking.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2017/05/18, 00:15:35 »
you could try a different kernel...

Btw: I have a touchscreen on my Dell XPS13, but i do not use it. Its not really good for anything as long as twofinger-gestures are not working. Zooming will not work. only scrolling and clicking.

You have a point there, maybe not very much use for touchscreen but i would like it to work :)

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2017/05/18, 09:49:00 »
I'm not familiar with kernels but I tried with a trunk? kernel from exeprimental and yes now the touchscreen are working. Maybe towo can explain?

Now I just have to find a way to get sound to work. Probably worse.

Edit:

Installed sound according to debian wiki and, yes now it works. I restarted with siduction kernel and then the sound device is not there so it's also kernel related.

So shall I go on with the trunk kernel or is there a better alternative?
« Last Edit: 2017/05/18, 10:39:50 by vilde »

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2017/05/18, 16:06:25 »
I also do not have many kernel experience. Sorry. If it is working, it could be good!

you can post the output from "inxi -v5" so that we know what kernel you have installed now.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2017/05/18, 16:34:58 »
The kernel I installed is from experimental. "4.11.0-trunk-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0) ", that's the output from inxi.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2017/05/28, 20:44:04 »
I would like to tell that I have tried another kernel, the liquorix kernel works very good and with that I got the last thing that didn't work before to work, the hdmi sound out. The kernel is now "4.11.0-3.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0 )"

I also tried with latest siduction kernel but that was not better for this than before.
« Last Edit: 2017/05/29, 18:08:56 by vilde »

Offline Lanzi

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2017/05/29, 14:28:11 »
Maybe you can have a chat with towo about it.

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #10 on: 2017/05/29, 17:24:50 »
Maybe you can have a chat with towo about it.

Maybe, but I really don't want to disturb towo about this, I can't really have any request for this odd machine.

But, siduction is the only dist that I have tried that  will install from live installation media on the Asus t100 transformer that boots directly without having to rewrite grub manually. It's really as good as always siduction rocks and I can live with using liquorix kernel.

And if towo want to he can jump in here with a comment.
« Last Edit: 2017/05/29, 18:08:07 by vilde »