Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Nach Update: Bildschirm friert nach einiger Zeit ein, nur Maus beweglich  (Read 7659 times)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
I don't think it can be disabled permanently, I could be wrong because other services needs/relies on it.

Note: disable means that the service won't be started by itself on startup. It still can start if something else depends on it.

However, a disabled service can be loaded, and will be started if a service that depends on it is started; enable and disable only configure auto-start behaviour for units, and the state is easily overridden

See What is the difference between "systemctl mask" and "systemctl disable"?

You can try and pipe all kscreen stdout and stderr to null

Edit (please back this file up first)

Code: [Select]
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kscreen.service
To say

/[D-BUS Service]
Name=org.kde.KScreen
Exec=/bin/sh -c '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kf5/kscreen_backend_launcher>/dev/null 2>/dev/null'

If that don't do anything, you have the backup :)
« Last Edit: 2018/12/21, 18:15:54 by piper »
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline tomsiduction

• User
Hello

Still having the problem that the screen freezes -

I have found  the following link

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Requirements

is it a good idea to include the named sources:

https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/pkppa
or is it only for ubuntu?

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
ouch, double ouch, DO NOT use that, that is ubuntu crap only

Not sure what your trying to do with proton, maybe use it ?

Just install steam (it's in debian, apt install steam) once installed, go to settings - account - and enable "steam beta update"  and be done.

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline tomsiduction

• User
Good news

I fixed the problem:
Just changed the compositor to  "xrender"

no more crash