Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Fluxbox wallpaper configuration in december-xorg  (Read 2499 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] Fluxbox wallpaper configuration in december-xorg
« on: 2014/10/12, 17:50:12 »
I installed (not dd, not cat) xorg.iso (december) from booted ISO on usb-stick1 to usb-stick2.

Apart form minor glitches during boot (fonts too small for my taste, I think I need to use some vga=<cheatcode> and some words not showing up (I think it is the kernelname, which looks like it uses *black* fonts)) there is a real problem before and after login. The BG is completely scramled (both ok on booted iso!).

I'd like to make screenshot, but there is nothing installed. For the moment I'd liked to not install to much, so is there an easy way to make a screenshot from CL using imagemagick or the like?

How did you set the BG in xorg december (as in fluxbox there are various different ways do it, it is APITA if you don't know whichone *is* used currently).
« Last Edit: 2014/10/15, 16:37:42 by musca »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: bugs xorg.iso (december) (sticky thread?) @ convbsd
« Reply #1 on: 2014/10/13, 03:32:48 »
Ok, no bug, this *is* the BG, debian-squared.jpg .

The siduction-december-BG is hidden behind the name /usr/share/images/fluxbox/fluxbox.png .

And you used feh for setting the BG (I used feh initially, but I don't recall why I gave it up).
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline convbsd

• User
Re: bugs xorg.iso (december) (sticky thread?) @ convbsd
« Reply #2 on: 2014/10/13, 22:14:10 »
In december it wasn't added any siduction setting for fluxbox.
It uses debian defaults.
As I have saed xorg purpose is to be a testbed for new flavours and a playground for experinced users.