Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] will not install  (Read 7649 times)

proxy

[EN] will not install
« on: 2018/03/10, 12:23:41 »
Problems installing.

* Screen too dark/dimmed to see whats going on

* When you have a screen that can be seen - wont install.  Complains after a couple of minutes of some error in /tmp.  But it does wipe the partitions needed - sets-up new filesystem in partitions - and wipes the existing boot menu without replacing the existing boot menu.

I burnt iso onto usb stick using dd.

I am trying to use the latest siduction released a couple of days ago.

Keyboard gb.  Language en_GB.

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: will not install
« Reply #1 on: 2018/03/10, 12:40:11 »
I am a little leary of your IP & email address and which is very toxic, I will not post the emails (yet)

I have about 50 pages of toxic crap from this IP

Just one example, the smallest one

https://stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/163.172.67.180

Your tor-exit is also crap

Code: [Select]
{
  "id": "324205d5b5e8dca8be6a1a273d92d59d",
  "value": "163.172.67.180",
  "hostname": "tor-exit-readme.memcpy.io",
  "label": "tor-exit-readme.memcpy.io",
  "as_number": "12876",
  "network_name": "ONLINE_NET_DEDICATED_SERVERS",
  "country_code": "FR",
  "flags": [
    "tor",
    "dedicated",
    "server"
  ],
  "reputation": {
    "status": "bad",
    "threats": [
      "suspicious_scan",
      "comment_spam",
      "brute_force_login",
      "referer_spam",
      "command_injection"
    ]
  }
}
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

proxy

« Reply #2 on: 2018/03/10, 14:07:24 »
Just reported you for trolling.

You made no effort in assisting or making a proper reply.

Enjoy

proxy

« Reply #3 on: 2018/03/10, 14:09:44 »
Just in case anyone is interested in helping, I forgot to mention that I tried to install on sony viao laptop, that has an intel processor dual core.  It is not new!!

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2018/03/10, 14:16:51 »
Quote from: proxy
Just reported you for trolling.

You made no effort in assisting or making a proper reply.

Enjoy

Since you reported it to me, I will step aside and let ANYONE help you

good luck, and have a nice day, don't forget to smile

The following post, "Re: will not install" by piper has been reported by proxy on a board you moderate:

The topic: https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=7102.msg57551#msg57551
Moderation center: https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?action=moderate;area=reports;report=29

The reporter has made the following comment:
Seems more to be trolling than assisting

Regards,
The Siduction Forum Team.
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2018/03/10, 14:36:22 »

* Screen too dark/dimmed to see whats going on

This is some hardware power-saving issue with whatever hardware you are attempting to install on, which you need to give details about if you expect help.  Make, model, BIOS version, CPU, GPU, memory.

...Complains after a couple of minutes of some error in /tmp. ...

"Some error" is useless.  What error?

...I forgot to mention that I tried to install on sony viao laptop...

Sony hardware can be difficult and some items don't work with Linux -- use Google to search and here is where your exact hardware model becomes important:

https://superuser.com/questions/928810/sony-vaio-black-screen-on-debian-install

http://www.lorenzobettini.it/linux/LinuxSonyVaioVGN-S5VP_B/

https://www.preining.info/blog/2014/03/debian-linux-sony-vaio-pro-13/

For your information, @piper is one of the most experienced and proficient siduction users available -- losing his support is your great loss.  You would have been much wiser to address his concerns about your apparently very sketchy IP address.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

proxy

« Reply #6 on: 2018/03/10, 14:48:36 »
Sony hardware can be difficult and some items don't work with Linux -- use Google to search and here is where your exact hardware model becomes important:

Works fine with slackware and other debian derived distros I have installed.

For your information, @piper is one of the most experienced and proficient siduction users available -- losing his support is your great loss.  You would have been much wiser to address his concerns about your apparently very sketchy IP address.

And for your information, I do not see what the great loss is losing pipers suport - he did not help, just trolled and whined about not using the internet in the way that he would like me to use the internet.  He basically became a user/ip/connection nazi.

Besides what is wrong with the way I connect.  If it works for myself that is all that matters.

Not only this but I did not really need to take the time out to register on this forum with its need to enter a captcha at least twice to get it right, wait for the confirmation email, click the conformation link, get back to the forum, renter the password to login, post the problem, then have to come back to view a reply.

I could have gone away.  not reported it.  And you would be non-the-wiser but blissfully so it seems about the issue with the installer.

And if I have completed the captchas - does it not show that I am human no matter what ip address I am using?  So where is the problem?

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2018/03/10, 20:55:19 »
And for your information, I do not see what the great loss is losing pipers suport - he did not help, just trolled and whined about not using the internet in the way that he would like me to use the internet.  He basically became a user/ip/connection nazi.

Besides what is wrong with the way I connect.  If it works for myself that is all that matters.

Not only this but I did not really need to take the time out to register on this forum with its need to enter a captcha at least twice to get it right, wait for the confirmation email, click the conformation link, get back to the forum, renter the password to login, post the problem, then have to come back to view a reply.

I could have gone away.  not reported it.  And you would be non-the-wiser but blissfully so it seems about the issue with the installer.

And if I have completed the captchas - does it not show that I am human no matter what ip address I am using?  So where is the problem?

This is exactly how bots & tor/tor-exit/proxys work the spam kings, yes, they get thru captchas

Its sad, but this shit gets tru here and debian and our irc and debians irc, if you don't understand that, and think it's trolling  and whining , I actually feel sorry for you.

"He basically became a user/ip/connection nazi".

ROFLMFAO trying to protect our website, in my eyes, your a fool.

Yes I whine, and troll about this stuff

163.172.67.180 appears in our spam database 8,769 times
« Last Edit: 2018/03/10, 23:15:40 by piper »

Offline tommy2

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2018/03/11, 10:03:06 »
1+
Piper, his original post had very little useful information even for a beginner like me to try and help him.  Then blaming the first person to reply as a troll now that is whining!

tom

proxy

« Reply #9 on: 2018/03/11, 11:41:13 »
All I get from all your crap is blah blah blah - self-justification - blah blah blah - self-justification - blah blah blah - self-justfication - blah bla...

No it is not helping, just shows you need to get out more.

I have just tried again to install - same problem - this time I noted what the error message was - but you lot dont deserve to know.

You behave as if you are somehow essential to my existence, as if you have me over a barrel - well you dont - there are plenty of other distributions - I have two of them installed - one of them debian based that works fine with the sony laptop, which NTW so does debian itself.  So the problem is not with the sony laptop its that the siduction developers cant deal with sony hardware - isnt that more honest than blaming someone else-but this is what you have done all over this thread - blamed anyone but yourselves..

Bitchezz...

BTW enjoy another IP address...bitchezz!!

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #10 on: 2018/03/11, 12:49:17 »
Moderated -- Farewell.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #11 on: 2018/03/11, 15:22:38 »
dibl, thank you, we lost power here for a bit :(

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #12 on: 2018/03/11, 16:15:45 »
Sure. Hope you had your rig on a UPS when the lights went out.

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #13 on: 2018/03/11, 17:08:33 »
No UPS here :( and it was a new install but everything is ok,

System:    Host: x1 Kernel: 4.15.8-towo.1-siduction-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 gcc: 7.3.0
           Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.3 (Qt 5.9.2) Distro: siduction 18.2.0 Patience - kde - (201803101235)

Thanks again, and for the concern :)

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #14 on: 2018/03/11, 22:29:06 »
My rig is VERY safe on a UPS bought new in 2010 that has never been checked or had the batteries replaced.  LOL    :P