BUGS > 2012.1.1

PXE boot problem

<< < (2/2)

diensthunds:
Same issue here, have you tried copying over an initrd from an installed system?

hwgasdfasdf:
Pretty sure my nbd server works - when I remove the script that tries to initialize md arrays from the initrd, it boots and works fine.

No, I haven't tried copying an initrd from a running system.

diensthunds:
I tried it, but unfortunately it's not working either. Did before though.

Managed to change the initrd, however now it's almost twice the size of the original one. Still loads but now I'm being dropped at the nbd client setting up.

//update  Forgot to change the nbd server back to using ports instead of named exports. Now it works for 64 bit.

ralfi:
The diff is that i use the original extracted initrd from the iso, vmlinuz ("ln" to the extracted vmlinuz.686 in the same directory, it doesnt work if i use vmlinuz.686 as native file, i dont know why...) and the nbd-mount to the iso-image.

diensthunds:
Finally fixed it to where I can now boot either the 32bit or 64bit version. For some reason the 32 bit still drops into a broken init but ctrl-d breaks it out and continues the boot. ralfi I followed your work and still had an interrupt in the init boot. Don't know why but it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version