Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [solved] kde plasma - switching keyboard layout not working properly after login  (Read 4010 times)

Offline absolut

• User
hi all,

since some days i am experiencing an issue with switching between keyboard layouts (german <-> russian) after logging in, using the defined shortcut keys: left alt + left shift

default language after login is german. the shortcut keys will not work until i explicitly switch the keyboard layout using my mouse in the plasma kicker (bottom right). after that explicit mouse interaction with the applet, the shortcut keys work perfectly again...

EDIT: when i log out and then in again, the switching does not work, and requires procedure as described above

did anybody else encounter such an issue?
where can i dig, which logs to check?

best
absolut
« Last Edit: 2017/02/13, 22:11:18 by absolut »

Offline absolut

• User
actually, none of keyboard shortcuts (e.g. the default alternative control+alt+k) work... this is really strange.

anybody got any idea?
absolut

Offline absolut

• User
omg, i've actually just found the reason!

The german keyboard layout for some reason hat the variant "without accent symbols" enabled in the kde system setting... After changing the variant to "default" empty state fixed my issue...

best
absolut

Offline musca

• User
  • sid, fly high!
Hello absolut,

I have had the DE / legacy keyboard layout. This layout doesn't exist anymore.
so I switched to a similar layout named "Deutsch (Tilde-Akzentzeichen)".

The missing layout caused some warnings during update-initramfs "DE / legacy not found".
I think packages should provide a sane default when removing keyboard layouts.

But i wasn't able to find any hints in the changelogs about removing/renaming some keyboard layouts at all.

greetings
musca

P.S.: yes, melmarker, your lame comments didn't help at all.
β€žEs irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.β€œ  (Goethe, Faust)