Siduction Forum > Ideas & Improvements

[EN] Quake sourceport in next version?

(1/4) > >>

David:
What is a linux distro without a quake sourceport?

all in favor?

piper:
Considering there are only about 10-15 gaming distro's, *most of those games can be installed manually.

You also have steam and wine

For your quake sourceport(s), there are many, just take your pick

I do build custom iso's with nvidia, wine, and steam installed, but not available to the public.

Most games/packages are just an apt away and are at a users disposal so really no need to include in a distro unless you are a gaming distro.

David:

--- Quote from: piper on 2019/02/18, 12:58:48 ---Considering there are only about 10-15 gaming distro's, *most of those games can be installed manually.

You also have steam and wine

For your quake sourceport(s), there are many, just take your pick

I do build custom iso's with nvidia, wine, and steam installed, but not available to the public.

Most games/packages are just an apt away and are at a users disposal so really no need to include in a distro unless you are a gaming distro.

--- End quote ---
This bit about quake sourceports being an apt away is definitely true, but surely you agree that it would be a greater convenience to add a quake sourceport?

"Gaming distros" ? I do all my gaming right here on siduction. Of course, I don't use nouveau, so I guess that probably makes my situation a little different from yours.

The only game I play often that doesn't work on siduction is GTA V, at least not without huge graphical glitches.

piper:

--- Quote from: David ---but surely you agree that it would be a greater convenience to add a quake sourceport?
--- End quote ---

No, I don't, and I am a gamer

David:

--- Quote from: piper on 2019/02/18, 19:15:26 ---
--- Quote from: David ---but surely you agree that it would be a greater convenience to add a quake sourceport?
--- End quote ---

No, I don't, and I am a gamer

--- End quote ---

You're a gamer?

that's 2 for 2, time for siduction gamers to rise up

next version of siduction comes with extreme tux racer and higan preinstalled

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version