Siduction Forum > Ideas & Improvements

[EN] Is there a list of packages that come by default in the latest ISO?

(1/4) > >>

David:
I'm thinking that siduction.org should maintain
1) the list of packages that come with the ISO, a complete list (I looked around and I couldn't find one, am I an idiot?)
2) the list of packages that are upgraded with apt full-upgrade no matter what because they are part of the core of the distro (I also couldn't find this. Again, maybe i'm just an idiot and it already exists, but I couldn't find it)

Since piper and a few others talked about it, I thought i'd try taking a look at what packages are in the distro and critiquing them for installation footprint and functionality.

If these lists don't exist, i'm going to install siduction from an ISO onto a virtual machine and check out what packages are in it myself

David:
I am an idiot. Here is a list of packages in the most recent ISO on the vienna mirror (latest version is from april 2018)
https://siduction.office-vienna.at/iso/patience/lxde/amd64_2018-05-13_21-33/siduction-18.3.0-patience-lxde-amd64-201805132133.amd64.manifest

David:
I still can't find a list of all packages that get forcefully upgraded by apt full-upgrade no matter what because they're part of the distro though

devil:
What do you mean by 'forcefully upgraded'?

David:
The ones that come back when I do apt full-upgrade even if I removed them previously, because they're part of the distro upgrade.

Those ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version