Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Status of KDE packages  (Read 6883 times)

Offline orinoco

• User
  • Bullshit artist
[EN] Status of KDE packages
« on: 2016/04/04, 01:49:11 »
Maybe it was discussed somewhere else and I missed it...

What are the future plans for KDE packages (except waiting for Debian packages) after Santa has left the team? Will there be Siduction specific packages close to the latest upstream in the near future again? I loved it in the past to have latest KDE/Plasma ontop of a debian invironment.

What about https://dot.kde.org/2016/03/03/announcing-kde-communitys-distribution-outreach-program? Does it fit for Siduction?

Offline orinoco

• User
  • Bullshit artist
Re: Status of KDE packages
« Reply #1 on: 2016/06/09, 15:19:25 »
Hello,

today I read the announcement, that Neo will be based on Ubuntu 16.04 with an own repository for kde/plasma packages. Will this be an option siduction, too?

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #2 on: 2016/06/09, 23:28:42 »
Siduction is based on Debian sid

This link   https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

should answer your question, especially point 2.

2. Ubuntu, Mint or other derivative repositories are not compatible with Debian!

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/06/10, 09:54:52 »
In the case of Neon, piper is, for once, wrong. The devs there are setting up a repo (not connected to Ubuntu in any way) to place latest kde applications in (latest versions of course). This repo is not filled yet, so I have not tested this. It will probably work, but I guess it will not be an official way for siduction and will not be officialy supported. At least that is my take on it right now.

greetz
devil

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #4 on: 2016/06/10, 10:33:07 »
Quote from: devil
In the case of Neon, piper is, for once, wrong. The devs there are setting up a repo (not connected to Ubuntu in any way) to place latest kde applications in (latest versions of course). This repo is not filled yet, so I have not tested this. It will probably work, but I guess it will not be an official way for siduction and will not be officialy supported. At least that is my take on it right now.

greetz
devil

For once !! bah, I have been wrong before,  8) 8) I read that before, but, thought it was a no-go/stalled/stopped   :-[:-[
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck