Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Debian freeze = new release?  (Read 6984 times)

Offline jaegermeister

• User
[EN] Debian freeze = new release?
« on: 2019/04/06, 16:01:15 »
Hi,
usually during Debian freezes it has always been the right time for a new release.Does it apply this time also?THX
---------------------------------------
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM

AvY

Re: Debian freeze = new release?
« Reply #1 on: 2019/04/07, 11:54:55 »
Yes. Debian 10, Buster will become stable soon (tm)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #2 on: 2019/04/07, 12:52:28 »
I think, this answers the question more correctly: https://news.siduction.org/2019/04/results-of-the-core-meeting/

Offline jaegermeister

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2019/04/08, 00:52:09 »
Danke devil.
So if I got it right this means that, once the huge manual overhaul is done, there will be space for a next release :)

Btw, if can point something out for the next instance of the calamares installer, it would be nice if one could provide format parameters when creating new partitions. In particular, for xfs, which, with correct parameters kicks ass, but without them really sucks.

Usually, with the old installer, I preformatted the target root partition with this command:
Code: [Select]
mkfs.xfs -l internal,lazy-count=1,size=320m -L <label>  /dev/sdxyon a simple old style MBR primary partition (usually the 2nd after damn wi(n)dows).

Unfortunately, doing this with calamares, at the very end of the process (after all files have been copied to the partition, more or less it's about to configure last things and grub), the installer fails. This didn't happen with the old installer.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #4 on: 2019/04/10, 15:31:24 »
It's rather the other way around. The release is imanent, the manual overhaul has no definite schedule, it will run on the side. For the clamares issue. on an uneducated guess, you will probably have to file a bug against calamares itself.