Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DE] dolphin-root und kate-root nicht installierbar?  (Read 3664 times)

Offline titan

• User
[DE] Re: dolphin-root und kate-root nicht installierbar?
« Reply #15 on: 2018/08/17, 16:48:16 »
Is there any way to change to root with it open or does it need to be started as root. It runs from root terminal but not kdesu.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: dolphin-root und kate-root nicht installierbar?
« Reply #16 on: 2018/08/17, 22:55:08 »
As I mentioned yesterday in this thread in German:
With the just released KDE Applications-18.08.0 editing as root in Dolphin is possible again. Additionally, they are working on the possibility to edit files that belong to root, even if Dolphin is running in user mode.

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #17 on: 2018/08/18, 10:34:12 »
Thanks Devil, I had seen your post and this feature look like it will be useful but 18.08 is not here yet and I wanted to try featherpad ,for me where my main use is just editing config files nano still remains default.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #18 on: 2018/08/18, 11:35:26 »
@titan - you have already noticed that kdesu(do) don't exist anymore - try lxqt-sudo or plain sudo.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #19 on: 2018/08/19, 17:09:24 »
@titan- you might be interested in: https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt/issues/470#issuecomment-414133387
Code: (cpp) [Select]
#ifndef Q_OS_WIN
    // Prohibit using sudo or kdesu (but allow using the root user directly)
    if (getuid() == 0) {
        if (!qEnvironmentVariableIsEmpty("SUDO_USER")) {
            std::cout << "Executing Dolphin with sudo is not possible due to unfixable security vulnerabilities." << std::endl;
            return EXIT_FAILURE;
        } else if (!qEnvironmentVariableIsEmpty("KDESU_USER")) {
            std::cout << "Executing Dolphin with kdesu is not possible due to unfixable security vulnerabilities." << std::endl;
            return EXIT_FAILURE;
        }
    }
#endif
just delete these lines from dolphins main.cpp and recompile it - you will be able to run dolphin with sudo again.

if one login as root it should work too again.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)