Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Hi no network  (Read 5116 times)

elzorro

[EN] Hi no network
« on: 2011/12/23, 01:06:46 »
Tried the i386 kde lite model
Did not detect my realtech network on my asus MB with intel core 2 duo 3.0 ghz processor which is not exactly new.
So still some way to run with hardware detection.
Frohes Weinachten
El Zorro

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Hi no network
« Reply #1 on: 2011/12/23, 01:11:57 »
Could you please be more specific about the nic, like with a line from lspci -nn or the output from nicinfo?

greetz
devil

Offline DeepDayze

• User
RE: Hi no network
« Reply #2 on: 2011/12/23, 02:10:18 »
Post up info about your system?

elzorro

Re: Hi no network
« Reply #3 on: 2011/12/23, 02:47:50 »
Hi Devil,
         all the refugees from hardline aptosid it seems, good luck, and hopefully a bit friendlier and more tolerant.

I was in a rush before, and did not see good old ceni, did this on the dvd graphical boot, and then the installer took the module and installed it, so a bit manual but it works.
So the module is there and this post is largely irrelevant.
Hope it helps some others.
Regardz
El Zorro

Quote from: "devil"
Could you please be more specific about the nic, like with a line from lspci -nn or the output from nicinfo?

greetz
devil

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2011/12/23, 03:03:49 »
Quote from: "elzorro"
Hi Devil,
         all the refugees from hardline aptosid it seems, good luck, and hopefully a bit friendlier and more tolerant.

I was in a rush before, and did not see good old ceni, did this on the dvd graphical boot, and then the installer took the module and installed it, so a bit manual but it works.
So the module is there and this post is largely irrelevant.
Hope it helps some others.
Regardz
El Zorro

Quote from: "devil"

greetz
devil

maybe add the module in question for the NIC to /etc/modules to ensure it loads at boot if udev does not load it automagically?

Yep, there's a lot of people coming over from aptosid alright...and deciding to dump the rather rigid and authoritarian structure for something that's flexible and where the users have a voice. Here's to siduction taking off and beating aptosid in the DW rankings :D

elzorro

Hi no network
« Reply #5 on: 2011/12/23, 05:02:13 »
Hi,
    Thanks
   after I did that in ceni in the live DVD the network module loads automagically on reboot
Cheers
El Zorro

Offline DeepDayze

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2011/12/23, 16:08:37 »
Quote from: "elzorro"
Hi,
    Thanks
   after I did that in ceni in the live DVD the network module loads automagically on reboot
Cheers
El Zorro

nice, now you feel your problem is solved?