Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Good and bad news regarding Qt and LXQt  (Read 3503 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Good and bad news regarding Qt and LXQt
« on: 2015/06/23, 16:33:42 »
The good news is: Qt 5.4.2 is finally in sid
The bad news is: i have to rebuild all LXQt and third party packages that depend on parts of LXQt. So if your system ask you to remove some packages with qt in it, you should answer no if you are doing a dist-upgrade.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

eQuacky

Re: Good and bad news regarding Qt and LXQt
« Reply #1 on: 2015/06/24, 12:40:08 »
d-u ran through smoothly some tens of minutes ago on my thinkpad.

no issues detected!

thanks melmarker

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2015/06/24, 12:50:51 »
A DU just now wants to remove lxqt. You are doing a great job  melmarker with the siduction lxqt repro thanks for all the hard work, I really like lxqt and have now changed from Enlightenment for the foreseeable future. Is there a timescale for lxqt being part of the main Debian repros, I can't see anything on their website.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2015/06/24, 17:47:28 »
titan: LXQt will be in debian - there will be a new release of libqtxdg - we will start with that. The other LXQt packages will go into hopefully step by step with the 0.10 release i hope. Anyway - team, lists and repos @alioth are prepared.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2015/06/24, 20:26:49 »
Good news, thanks.

Offline mdmarmer

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2015/06/25, 00:04:34 »
I lost my panel at the bottom of my desktop.  What .conf or other change do I make to get the panel back?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #6 on: 2015/06/25, 00:23:25 »
hmm - eventually after a d-u? in that case - reinstall it
if installed, try Alt-F2 and type lxqt-panel in the runner application

Offline mdmarmer

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2015/06/25, 01:09:41 »
OK, I'm missing lxqt-runner-qt5 -- I must have accidentally let my d-u remove that package

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #8 on: 2015/06/25, 02:56:08 »
apt-get install lxqt could help - its a meta-package. and the -qt5 packages are transitional, thanks to our friends from fedora :)

Offline mdmarmer

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2015/06/25, 23:22:45 »
OK, thanks.  I got the panel back.  Probably I let some packages get deleted in d-u.