BUGS > 2015.1

LxQT 2016.1 - no wifi connection on runlevel 3

(1/4) > >>

bokoto:
Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug but i cant get any wifi on runlevel 3 when i try to update from the init 3 console. I set the networking on for levels 345 manually thru chkconfig, disabled connman and dhcpcd but still no luck. Moreover once i get back to X from the console - connman shows my wifi as idle and i cant bring it up no matter how i try - only rebooting seems to fix it. Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

musca:
Hello bokoto,

updating in runlevel 3 mostly is a historical requirement, because restarting the dbus service could crash your X11-session and interrupt your dist-upgrade. This bug has been fixed.

You can use screen or tmux to preserve your running terminal and reattach with "screen -x" or "tmux attach".
Or switch to console and stop your display-manager with "systemctl stop display-manager.service".

It is not clear why your network isn't available in the multi-user target. I think it's a glitch in systemd's dependency based startup sequence for your services.

greetings
musca

bokoto:
Thanks for your answer, so basically what you are saying is that it is no longer required to do the dist-upgrade from init 3 but timux can bu used instead?

tmhind2:
Personally just drop to tty1 with ctl-alt-F1 and do you upgrade or full-upgrade and then back again with ctl-alt-F7, as yet I have not had any problems.  :)

Regards, tom

bokoto:

--- Quote from: tmhind2 on 2016/03/11, 16:40:56 ---Personally just drop to tty1 with ctl-alt-F1 and do you upgrade or full-upgrade and then back again with ctl-alt-F7, as yet I have not had any problems.  :)

Regards, tom

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your advice - I already did that - However my question was more to the admin as to what instruction we need to follow in case of such problems. the manual instructs to use the init 3 , but if that doesn't work ( as in my case ) maybe alternatvie instruction for using tmux could be included.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version