Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  On-line manual inaccessible?  (Read 3200 times)

jjjrrr3

On-line manual inaccessible?
« on: 2015/09/20, 11:13:29 »
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't see one for the Web site itself.

This morning, I cannot access http://manual.siduction.org/ Instead I get the message: "Incomplete response received from application".  This happens even after restarting Iceweasel with all of my add-ons disabled.

Offline michaa7

• User
Re: On-line manual inaccessible?
« Reply #1 on: 2015/09/20, 11:18:34 »
the same here with whichever browser use.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #2 on: 2015/09/20, 11:39:07 »
komisch, kann ich gar nicht mehr nachvollziehen ...

Danke für die Rückmeldungen, ich hab das mal kurz, schmerzlos und sehr dreckig gefixt - irgendwie wollte  der neue passenger die Umgebungsvariable "DOCUMENT_ROOT" nicht mehr lesen, obwohl sie da sein sollte™.  Wenn so was noch mal auftritt, dann bitte sofort in den IRC rufen, channel ist egal, kommt immer an.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

jjjrrr3

« Reply #3 on: 2015/09/20, 12:01:04 »
Thank you.

For my fellow victims of American education, he wrote something like:

It's funny, I can no longer track...

Thank you for the feedback, I have fixed the short, painless and very dirty - somehow the new wanted to no longer read passenger the environment variable "DOCUMENT_ROOT", although she should be there ™.  If something occurs again, then please call the IRC channel is no matter, always comes

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #4 on: 2015/09/20, 12:58:46 »
muhaha - google translator is cool - but to be serious: We switched from nginx 1.6.2 to the current stable nginx 1.8.0. Within this transition we get a new passenger (component for ruby and python delivery) - which is cool and working. Unfortunately the only thing that passenger don't do was to pickup the "DOCUMENT_ROOT" from the environment - so i set it hard in the code (very dirty) and be done with that for now. :)

jjjrr3: and please, no google translations without review again - we have translation buttons. Reason, why i'm not a big fan of google translations:
Code: [Select]
German: Meine Nachbarin hat Kohlmeisen aber was macht ein Hahn auf meinem Esel?
have fun with the english translation
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #5 on: 2015/09/20, 14:23:50 »
:P  damn, spits out morning coffee, takes another sip, spits again
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

jjjrrr3

« Reply #6 on: 2015/09/20, 15:30:22 »
have fun with the english translation

Something about chickadees, roosters, a donkey, and your neighbor?  Sounds kinky!  :o

But I think we're wandering off topic.  ;)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #7 on: 2015/09/20, 15:35:58 »
Something about chickadees, roosters, a donkey, and your neighbor?  Sounds kinky!  :o

That is not what Google translator will present you.
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline ralul

• User
« Reply #8 on: 2015/09/23, 12:43:36 »
Meaning is pretty harmless: My female neighbour has little birds but what does a mail chicken do on my donkey?
But the Google translation is not allowed in this forum :)
I wonder if Google wrongly translating could be used to bypass censorship in countries an issue is forbidden to discuss ...
« Last Edit: 2015/09/23, 12:54:28 by ralul »
experiencing siduction runs better than my gentoo makes me know I know nothing

Offline horo

• User
« Reply #9 on: 2015/09/23, 13:33:04 »
Quote from: ralul
mail chicken
LOL, I had to read loudly to understand ;)
omnia vincit pecunia :(

holgerw

« Reply #10 on: 2015/09/23, 14:55:15 »
Hi @horo,

you don't know about mail chicken? Some of this chicken can be called claws-mail chicken, other can be called thunderbird chicken, and apart from that we've imaped chicken and popped chicken  ;)

@melmarker, I hope, @vilde doesn't try a translation in swedish language, the result is X-rated.

Kind regards,
  Holger
« Last Edit: 2015/09/23, 16:01:31 by holgerw »