Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] (solved) problem with gdk-pixbuf during d-u  (Read 7437 times)

Offline michaa7

• User
[EN] (solved) problem with gdk-pixbuf during d-u
« on: 2014/09/03, 19:59:26 »
During d-u I was told there was a problem with gdk-pixbuf and my installation were broken. I should execute:
Code: [Select]
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
But if I do I get "Command not found".
# gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
-su: gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders: Kommando nicht gefunden.

Anyone an idea what's behind this?

EDIT: Now I see I have lost some icons: volume-control and psensors
« Last Edit: 2014/09/04, 03:24:58 by piper »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: problem with gdk-pixbuf during d-u
« Reply #1 on: 2014/09/03, 20:55:31 »
install pixbuf - should be fixed with the new release
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/09/03, 21:40:28 »
# apt-get install pixbuf
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
E: Paket pixbuf kann nicht gefunden werden.

wie heißt denn das paket genau? libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 war und ist installiert.
« Last Edit: 2014/09/03, 21:47:12 by michaa7 »
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2014/09/03, 22:47:07 »
gtk2-engines-pixbuf - that throws in libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0

Code: [Select]
$ apt-file search gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #4 on: 2014/09/03, 23:25:25 »
No, that is *not* the solution. Both packages were installed in their latest version.

I'd like to mention that there is a whole bunch of icons missing (thunar completly naked). This qualifies for a upgrade warning.

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #5 on: 2014/09/04, 01:00:39 »
$ gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
The program 'gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders' is currently not installed.  To run 'gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders' please ask your administrator to install the package 'libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev'

looks like a packaging error - will have a look tomorrow -installing the dev package and run the mentioned command could fix the situation eventually

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2014/09/04, 02:19:57 »
... installing the dev package and run the mentioned command could fix the situation eventually

good idea, and YES, it fixed the problem.

Thanks