Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Gnash Plugin Better  (Read 2220 times)

sqlpython

[EN] Gnash Plugin Better
« on: 2012/03/11, 19:20:04 »
Just my particular experience....

I had initially installed "Flash non-free plugin"
But....
  Just would not play a Video/FLash/MP3 / YouTube or otherwise in IceWeasel...I did some searching and did not fall upon the solution for Siduction.
So, in desperation I installed Gnash/Gnash-plugin..
 and It Works!!
 Normally, I am an Adobe Flash player user. The reason being is that sometimes Gnash will play haltingly...and still does.
I probably first tried it a decade ago and it did stutter then Adobe does not. Adobe seems to stream more quickly.. Once the Video is on the HD then it does not matter which one you use.

I like gnash for the fact that it is GNU but you would think after all these years of improvements PLUS back then it was
512mb mem on a 1ghz processor..Now 4gb mem on a 2.7ghz dual core processor..

Ah Well.. does work now and did not work via IceWeasel on initial new Install.

A Tip:: I am using the Easy YouTube Downloader 5.9 addon/extention in IceWeasel for my Downloads of Flash/MP3 4 and it seems to work quickly and efficently.

tlmiller

RE: Gnash Plugin Better
« Reply #1 on: 2012/03/12, 00:54:40 »
I still find that most sites I can't view flash videos with gnash.  I don't download anything, I just view.  I can't think of a single site I use that works with gnash.

I'd love to use 100% FOSS, but real life intervenes, and it comes down to supporting an ideal that wouldn't allow me to work, or just making thing work (same reason I also use the proprietary Nvidia drivers).

sqlpython

RE: Gnash Plugin Better
« Reply #2 on: 2012/03/12, 01:28:22 »
Yep... Reality does get in the way... ;^)