Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  speaker-test not working but VLC and chrome play audio just fine  (Read 4495 times)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Nothing is randomly broken, there is a warning on the forum about this and about the perl transition.

geklmintendont

I have successfully loaded my backup and everything is wonderful again
I will check warnings before upgrading in the future

geklmintendont

Can you guys tell me when the issue is fixed with alsa?

geklmintendont

Kega fusion has a .deb package available for download...

Offline piper

• User
a .deb package does not mean it is in debian repos, I gave you links earlier

What you did was download .deb from a third party source

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

geklmintendont

Yeah, but the kega fusion debian script is safe, the problem is this alsa update, not kega fusion
Not to mention, I can remove it if it's really a problem

geklmintendont

In fact, I had removed kega fusion from my system after the update broke alsa and therefore kega fusion
I'm considering switching emulators, though, because installing .debs from third parties is wonky

Offline piper

• User
Quote from: geklmintendont
Can you guys tell me when the issue is fixed with alsa?

It could be tomorrow, next week, next year

sid is sid

siduction is based on sid    ...    patience