Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  Possible route table corruption if multiple connections?  (Read 2119 times)

1sy8

My wireless setup: I have two local AP's both acting as DHCP servers (The #1 directly faces the internet while #2 goes through #1 to provide internet access, the point of #2 is it allows access to local devices plus advanced firewall). So I usually connect thru #1 (192.168.0.x)  and only thru #2 (192.168.1.x) if need be.

After the last d-u, upon reboot, the box associated as usual with #1 but the route table was somehow corrupted (or maybe more precisely, not thoroughly updated as it  was usually the case before the d-u). Dissociating and reconnecting twice to both AP's seemed to solve the problem.

However, after last night suspend (lid closed), the pbm went back this morning. No internet (ping returned network unreachable) upon wake up while the box still seemed to be associated with #1. An association to #2 (via the graphical NetworkManager applet) did solve the problem up until now but trying the same with #1 doesn't work (route table still corrupted).

Any hint? Maybe someone who often changes wireless networks has found similar pbm?
« Last Edit: 2014/07/12, 12:47:22 by 1sy8 »

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: Possible route table corruption if multiple connections?
« Reply #1 on: 2014/07/12, 14:16:23 »
Firmware for router up to date ?

Is this home or business ?

I would never "totally"  rely on a wireless network, even with many repeaters
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

1sy8

« Reply #2 on: 2014/07/12, 18:17:01 »
hi piper, it is for home.

Both routers were setup this way since a long time and everything worked well until yesterday's d-u.

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/07/12, 19:36:41 »
check yesterdays /var/log/apt/history.log for possible candidates.

greetz
devil