Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Gnome Screen Inactivity Not Working  (Read 1349 times)

Offline terroreek

• User
[EN] Gnome Screen Inactivity Not Working
« on: 2019/03/05, 16:14:08 »
So, I am a bit perplexed and I cannot seem to solve the problem, but gnomes screen inactivity does work.  No matter what I set it to, after x amount of time the screen never blanks, and turn off my monitor.  I've tried with a brand new user on my system and the same problem with the user. 

If it matters at all, I switched my login to lightdm, but this did work on a previous build.  Any thoughts on troubleshooting and debugging the problem?
« Last Edit: 2019/03/05, 17:37:31 by terroreek »

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: Gnome Screen Inactivity Not Working
« Reply #1 on: 2019/03/05, 17:12:24 »
Welcome to X - it might be that the xserver jumps in directly if i read you right.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline terroreek

• User
Re: Gnome Screen Inactivity Not Working
« Reply #2 on: 2019/03/05, 17:39:54 »
Sorry what I mean is say I go into gnome and edit my screen timeout time for 15 mins.  After 15 minutes, gnome is supposed to blank my screen and turn off my monitor, but it never does.  It just leaves the screen on.  On the flip side, in the power settings if say set my inactivity to suspend my machine after 30 minutes it works.  Just not the screen blanking.