Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Google Keep - Interesting  (Read 2317 times)

Offline GoinEasy9

• User
[EN] Google Keep - Interesting
« on: 2014/02/17, 20:31:34 »
I use Firefox/Iceweasel as my main browser.  I use Google Chrome as a secondary, and, allow it to sync across all my devices.  I don't allow FF/IW to sync, since it holds bookmarks and other info I don't want in the cloud.

So, what does that have to do with anything?  Well, I have Google Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, although I hardly ever use it, preferring to use Dolphin HD.  I also use Google Keep on the same phone.  It seems, that even though I didn't link Google Chrome and Keep on the phone, during the sync of Google Chrome on my siduction install, it brought Google Keep along with it.

When I saw Google Apps --> Google Keep in the KDE menu, I assumed it would open Keep in Chrome, but, clicking on Keep in the menu, it brought up Keep as a stand alone application.  I looked, and, Google Keep is now present in my Chrome extensions.  Unfortunately, this is the only Chrome app that comes up this way.  It would be nice to also see Google Drive behave in the same manner, but, oh well.

Anyway, it's nice to have a notes app/application that syncs across all my devices, even my Linux desktop.  Heh, learn something new every day.
« Last Edit: 2014/02/17, 20:49:07 by GoinEasy9 »
Linux Counter number 348347

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
Re: Google Keep - Interesting
« Reply #1 on: 2014/02/17, 21:18:23 »

Thanks!

Heh, learn something new every day.

Well, on a good day I only have to learn ONE new thing!  When I have to learn 10 new things, I'm having a bad day!  :)
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO