Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] I suggest E-17 version on siduction  (Read 26207 times)

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
[EN] RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Reset comp
« Reply #60 on: 2013/02/10, 01:34:33 »
I don't have it installed at the moment, as you know, I lost everything :), but, I will install tonight, tomorrow, and I usually put it in /opt, all my notes, configs, gone with the wind .... haha
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Reset comp
« Reply #61 on: 2013/02/10, 01:46:03 »
Ahhh -- piper you are on the correct theory!  I copied /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop to /usr/local/share/ and now I can power off from E17.  But still the suspend, hibernate and reboot options are grayed out.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #62 on: 2013/02/10, 02:26:08 »
I don't do suspend, hibernate, lol, but, I can see a reason to with laptops which I don't own.

A couple things you might want to try as root
Code: [Select]
groupadd power
adduser username
nano /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf

add the line:
group:  power  allow: halt reboot suspend hibernateto the bottom of the group section below the line group: plugdev allow: *save the file sysactions.conf, and the user *should* be able to shutdown,halt, reboot, suspend as well as hibernate the computer

I have not tried this myself
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #63 on: 2013/02/10, 14:55:02 »
Yes, that was one of the many "solutions" that I found online.  Actually it is still configured that way.

However, here's news.  I believe that when I put the enlightenment.desktop file in /usr/local/share/xsessions, I actually fixed the reboot, hibernate, and suspend functions as well.  When I said they were grayed out, I was going by the little "light" or "bullet" indicator in front of them. But I just tested reboot, and in fact it rebooted.  So ... I dunno why those three little bullets remain gray (or blue?) when the other ones are white.

Anyway, it works, so there's just a couple of minor cosmetic questions lingering at this point.

I would happy to zip up the .debs for anyone who wants to try it.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #64 on: 2013/02/13, 17:22:38 »
Today I went through the procedure with one of the VMs to make sure I understand what fixes the user privileges issue.  Here is what works:

1. Create a "power" group, add your user(s) to that group, and add the power group to /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf on a new line under the "plugdev" group, and list the four actions "halt reboot suspend hibernate".  (Not sure if a "*" will work there or not).  Then copy that file to /usr/local/etc/.

2. Copy /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop to /usr/local/share.

chmod 4711 /usr/lib/enlightenment/utils/enlightenment_sys

Restart X and the user has full privileges to shutdown, reboot, suspend, or hibernate.

Offline titan

• User
« Reply #65 on: 2013/04/12, 12:40:06 »
Well after nearly four months waiting  libeio finally hits experimental. I had given up with E17 and gone back to i3 but today I re-installed it and it all appears to be running fine with no obvious bugs.

Offline piper

• User
« Reply #66 on: 2013/04/12, 17:16:49 »
Figures, been kinda working with snowlinux  and siduction to get a working build of e17, I actually like the the snowlinux build better than bodhi and that it is debian and not ubuntu ;)

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #67 on: 2013/04/12, 18:15:44 »
@piper did you encounter the "Shot Error" regarding network initialization?  That remains the only bug in my otherwise beautiful E17 desktop.

Offline piper

• User
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Reset comp
« Reply #68 on: 2013/04/13, 03:00:53 »
Quote from: "dibl"
@piper did you encounter the "Shot Error" regarding network initialization?  That remains the only bug in my otherwise beautiful E17 desktop.

If you mean the conman (network) error, yes, but it works fine.

No error with snowlinux

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Reset comp
« Reply #69 on: 2013/04/13, 16:19:54 »
Yes it comes from conman but there is no connectivity issue -- the error message is bogus.  But it's a distraction at each login.  I wrote the dev team a message about it, as requested on their website, but I never heard any response.

theblackpig

I suggest E-17 version on siduction
« Reply #70 on: 2013/10/01, 20:19:48 »
Just installed it - I didn't do the work but check it out

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

add new lines to the list:

deb http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid main non-free

Then save the file and update the repo list:
apt-get update
Install e17:
apt-get install e17

After installation put "#" in the front of each sid lines:

and update the repo list again.

The basic setup but easy to add themes and wallpapers

Offline towo

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #71 on: 2013/10/01, 20:25:27 »
What are you talking about?
siduction is unstable and unstable = sid.
There is nothing to change in the sources!
Ich gehe nicht zum Karneval, ich verleihe nur manchmal mein Gesicht.

theblackpig

« Reply #72 on: 2013/10/01, 20:29:39 »
Quote from: "towo"
What are you talking about?
siduction is unstable and unstable = sid.
There is nothing to change in the sources!

Thank you , as an ignoranmus and a newbie I didn't know that , forgive My ignorance