seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2019/12/07, 23:23:30


Help

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 190 packages to be removed  (Read 5435 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vilde

  • User
  • Posts: 657
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #15 on: 2013/06/24, 00:45:59 »
Quote from: "ralul"
Is this solved?
Was it "Upgrade Warnings"?
I would call it an "upgrade warning" if 190 packages will be removed on d-u.

I have as I wrote before one more computer where there will be around 40 packages to be removed. I don't understand why it seems like only I have this problem. Both are multiarch, on this one I had Google Earth installed, on the other one is still Skype but it will also be removed if I do a d-u.

Is it solved? I lost my 32 bit packages so it's not really solved but it's maybe just to wait but I wonder why nobody else have this problem?

Offline piper

  • Global Moderator
  • User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1.723
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #16 on: 2013/06/24, 01:01:43 »
Quote

Is it solved? I lost my 32 bit packages so it's not really solved but it's maybe just to wait but I wonder why nobody else have this problem?


I use multi-arch also, I don't have this problem, I believe the problem is with anyone that uses google-earth/skype, as they still use ia32-libs which is obsolete
Code: [Select]

ia32-libs-gtk ia32-libs-gtk-i386:i386 ia32-libs-i386:i386


I could also be wrong cause I don't use either of those programs
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

Offline DeepDayze

  • User
  • Posts: 409
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #17 on: 2013/06/24, 01:53:30 »
Quote from: "piper"
Quote

Is it solved? I lost my 32 bit packages so it's not really solved but it's maybe just to wait but I wonder why nobody else have this problem?


I use multi-arch also, I don't have this problem, I believe the problem is with anyone that uses google-earth/skype, as they still use ia32-libs which is obsolete
Code: [Select]

ia32-libs-gtk ia32-libs-gtk-i386:i386 ia32-libs-i386:i386


I could also be wrong cause I don't use either of those programs


apparently Skype may not be fully multiarch aware so that could explain the ia32-libs dependency. Someone should mention this to MS to ensure they build the package without depending on ia32-libs but on the i386 packages required

As for Google Earth, does the i386 package depend on ia32-libs?

Offline piper

  • Global Moderator
  • User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1.723
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

Offline vilde

  • User
  • Posts: 657
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #19 on: 2013/06/24, 09:10:41 »
After reading the last two post I would say like this. To solve this matter.... (and mark the topic solved)..... Let the ia32libs go and your d-u will work as it shall do. Google Earth and or Skype will be gone and for the moment it's not possible to install them with multiarch.

Google Earth and Skype on 64 bit siduction we can maybe then lift to another proper place on the forum.

Offline DeepDayze

  • User
  • Posts: 409
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #20 on: 2013/06/24, 16:26:15 »
Is it still possible to build Google Earth using make-googleearth-package (sp?) for those who want to use it?

Also will there be a replacement for nspluginwrapper for those who still use 32bit plugins within iceweasel/firefox?

Offline vilde

  • User
  • Posts: 657
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #21 on: 2013/06/24, 18:40:04 »
Quote from: "DeepDayze"
Is it still possible to build Google Earth using make-googleearth-package (sp?) for those who want to use it?


I tried that, it worked to build the package but to install it apt wants the ia32libs. So it will not work for me.

Offline vilde

  • User
  • Posts: 657
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #22 on: 2013/07/08, 18:01:28 »
For information I tried to install Google Earth after a d-u today. It worked with
Code: [Select]
dpkg -i googleearth_6.0.3.2197+0.7.0-1_amd64.debfollowed with
Code: [Select]
apt-get -f installthat pulled down all the i386 needed that I lost before. All as it's supposed to do :)

Offline dibl

  • siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1.931
    • Land of the Buckeye
190 packages to be removed
« Reply #23 on: 2013/07/08, 18:46:45 »
Quote from: "vilde"
For information I tried to install Google Earth after a d-u today. It worked with
Code: [Select]
dpkg -i googleearth_6.0.3.2197+0.7.0-1_amd64.debfollowed with
Code: [Select]
apt-get -f installthat pulled down all the i386 needed that I lost before. All as it's supposed to do :)



It would also work for me, but:

Code: [Select]
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libglade2-0 python-glade2 radiotray


I'm gonna keep radiotray.  I can do without googleearth.
Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO, 2@WD1003FZEX in BTRFS