Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA  (Read 25307 times)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
Re: REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA
« Reply #30 on: 2013/10/29, 15:01:50 »
Works fine in IE though. *scnr*  :P

greetz
devil

timc

« Reply #31 on: 2013/10/29, 15:27:46 »
I am still having the language cross-up problem. My profile is set to English and when I come back to the forum, it is often in German and clicking the US flag icon at the top right sets it back to English. But, the next time I come back ...

Tim

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #32 on: 2013/10/29, 15:29:55 »
in the past, if you tried to make a joke, you succeeded most of the time.  :o
And does your IE-fantasy-thingy show your preferred language gets resett to English again and again as it happens here no matter what browser I use (yeah, I give the password)?
Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #33 on: 2013/10/29, 16:17:57 »
I am still having the language cross-up problem. My profile is set to English and when I come back to the forum, it is often in German and clicking the US flag icon at the top right sets it back to English. But, the next time I come back ...

Tim

Confirmed -- it is the same here.  Viewing (before logging in), it is all English, since that is my system locale setting.  Upon logging in, it comes up in German, even though my profile says English.  A click on the American flag changes it to English, as expected.  Tested in Chromium and Iceweasel.  So I think the profile setting is not effective, for some reason.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #34 on: 2013/10/29, 16:19:41 »
what about the browser locale (language) settings? could this be interfering here?

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #35 on: 2013/10/29, 16:23:45 »
there must be a bug in language settings, we are on it - but that can take a while . until then, please use the flags. :)

@michaa7: if one use prop. browsers - one should choose a nice one.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #36 on: 2013/10/29, 16:27:13 »
what about the browser locale (language) settings? could this be interfering here?

Just tested.  Changed Chromium settings from "English (US)" to "English", and restarted Chromium.  No change, unfortunately.

There must something in the way the profile language setting is being handled by the software.

Wait wait -- it WAS the browser language setting.  Chromium is tricky to actually change, and I didn't actually make the change effective on the first try.

With the setting "English" moved up above the "English (US)" line, then restarting Chromium, I can log in and it comes up in English.

I'm going to restart KDM just to make sure this is really going to persist.
« Last Edit: 2013/10/29, 16:31:41 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline dibl

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #37 on: 2013/10/29, 16:39:31 »
Yes, it is persistent, so absolut you win the "Fix of the Day" award today.

:)

So, in the browser, the language must be set to "English", and not "English (US)".

There is a consequence to changing the setting --- Chromium has a warning that this setting will disable spell checking.  I suppose in Great Britain it will be the opposite -- spell checking will only work with "English" in the browser.  But Australians and New Zealanders will have the same issue.

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #38 on: 2013/10/30, 20:12:27 »

greetz
devil
@ devil

The real thing is:
On your test page (http://test.siduction.org) you can put a w3c validation sticker, because *there* you have "0" Errors in the source code. This page is displayed even in Opera with a proper layout.
On the forum page (http://forum.siduction.org) you can't because there you have 14 Errors according to validation.w3c.org . Opera ever has been the number one browser to discover bad (= not standard) source code.
I can understand that it is something from difficult to quite impossible to work around all browser incompatibilities. But your joke is missing the point [14 errors], that gives it a bad taste apart from comparing Opera with this shitpiece of browser you have installed is trying to be funny to no avail.

Ok, you can't code, but you still might be able to write a bug report for Debian's sake

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #39 on: 2013/10/30, 20:58:22 »
Feel free to help hack the needed code
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #40 on: 2013/10/30, 21:52:44 »
Micha,

14 errors is very little in terms of W3C validation, and we probably will be able to reduce that further.

greetz
devil

Offline michaa7

• User
« Reply #41 on: 2013/10/30, 21:58:20 »
@michaa7: if one use prop. browsers - one should choose a nice one.
I did.

Offline tuxic

• User
« Reply #42 on: 2013/10/31, 05:34:58 »
Just a little refinements here and there and everything will be perfect!!!
"Many people live and die..., and all they do is process groceries."
                  H. Peavey

Offline harley-peter

• User
« Reply #43 on: 2013/10/31, 09:48:45 »
There is also a little problem with the time when I am logged in. Actually (3013/10/31  9:46) the time of the forum shows me 2013/10/30, 22:45:16 and the time stamp of my post which I wrote 15 minutes ago is wrong too. It happens only when I am logged in. If I am logged out the time in the forum and also the time stamp of the post is correct.
I tried it with iceweasel and opera.

Offline oduffo

• User
« Reply #44 on: 2013/10/31, 13:37:39 »
@harley-peter

You should adjust the time offset in your profile/design&layout

Gruß
oduffo