Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  [·solved] kf 5.25.0 qt 5.6.1 systray missing in action!  (Read 3679 times)

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
After upgrading to kf 5.25.0 qt 5.6.1 the systray is not shown.
Unlocking the widgets bring it back to the panel after logout and login again.

Falls nach dem dist-upgrade auf kf 5.25 qt 5.61 der systray im panel verschwunden ist, bitte Miniprogramme entsperren, einmal abmelden und wieder anmelden, dann sollte™ der/das systray zu sehen sein.

See:
https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=6325.msg52104#msg52104

and
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=365569

EDIT: I mark this as solved, because the issue seems to be gone.
« Last Edit: 2016/09/02, 15:53:56 by hendrikL »

Offline horo

• User
Re: kf 5.25.0 qt 5.6.1 systray missing in action!
« Reply #1 on: 2016/08/26, 12:39:18 »
Thx a lot, worked flawlessly for me. Alles wieder ok bei mir mit Deiner Vorgehensweise.  :)

Ciao, Martin
omnia vincit pecunia :(

Offline hendrikL

• Administrator
  • User
  • Gravatar
« Reply #2 on: 2016/08/26, 13:26:52 »
Thx a lot, worked flawlessly for me. Alles wieder ok bei mir mit Deiner Vorgehensweise.  :)

THX, but the tip was from dibl and/or cas in that case! Danke aber der Tipp kam von dibl und/oder cas!

greetz Hendrik

Offline cas

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2016/08/26, 17:38:53 »
it seems the systray has to stay unlocked.

After I regained the systray, I relocked it. But after another reboot, it vanished again  :(

kde alway keeps me busy

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #4 on: 2016/08/27, 17:16:35 »
No need to logout/login/reboot

1) Unlock widgets

2) right click on panel

3) system tray settings

4) under extra items, uncheck everything, hit apply

5) recheck what you want, hit apply

6) lock widgets  ;)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #5 on: 2016/08/27, 22:10:32 »
Mehhh!  @piper I've cycled through about four attempts to follow your procedure, but no dice.

I don't know whether it's relevant, but in systemsettings > input devices > keyboard I have the US and DE layouts set, and the applicable icon automatically parks itself in the system tray.

First, I followed your procedure exactly as you wrote, but after reboot I had only a system tray with the layout icon -- the volume, device notifier, and notifications had disappeared.  So with widgets unlocked, I fixed it as per your procedure, locked the widgets, and shut down and restarted X.  When it came back up, the other icons were stripped out, leaving only the keyboard layout indicator.  So I tried another tack -- I unlocked widgets, and deleted the system tray entirely, locked widgets, and then shut down X and restarted X.  The desktop and panel came up correctly and with no system tray, as expected.  I unlocked widgets, added a system tray, which immediately showed the layout icon. Then in system tray settings > extras, I added the device notifier, volume control, and notifications.  I locked widgets, shut down X, and restarted X.  It came up with a system tray that was blank except for the layout icon.  The other thing is, even though I did not check them before restarting X, it added the updates notifier and network connection indicator and I had to uncheck them (again).  So I'm saying there's a bug in there somewhere.   
« Last Edit: 2016/08/27, 22:14:19 by dibl »
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

Offline piper

• User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #6 on: 2016/08/27, 22:28:50 »
dibl, damn, my fourth reboot and lost everything again :(

I really thought that after 3 reboots and the tray stayed, that I might have something ;)  wrong again  :(

buggy little bugger, well, at least don't have to login/out/reboot to fix   :)
Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck