seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2019/07/15, 19:59:59

Help

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Newer Linux kernel booting on phone(s), step to Linux on phones?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline vilde

• User
As I do the same on my phones as on my computers, put alternative os on them, I am a little active on xda developers forum to find roms for my phones.

One of my phones is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and now there are one of the developers on xda (munjeni) that is booting his Z1 compact on I think 4.11 kernel.

He is trying to run Lede, router firmware on the Z1 compact and also convinced that he would be able to run a "native Linux" on the phone. The guy seems to be very productive on xda and doing a lot of work, you can read a little here.

Android is linux so maybe this is no different from before, or is something happening? Will normal linux be more working on phones in the future?

« Last Edit: 2017/12/13, 23:47:35 by vilde »

Offline melmarker

• Global Moderator
  • User
    • g-com.eu
Android isn't Linux
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline vilde

• User
Android isn't Linux

OK, anyway, munjeni is using main Linux kernel to boot the Z1 compact

Offline piper

• Global Moderator
  • User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
"We're all grown up and don't freak out when a piece of text contains the word 'fuck'. I still don't understand why people think that the word 'fuck' is what would keep certain groups from contributing to the Linux kernel. In all seriousness, it doesn't."

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz