seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2020/02/22, 02:38:19

Help

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)  (Read 34753 times)

Offline hhhorb

• User
Re: Desktop-Photo (Show your Desktop)
« Reply #90 on: 2018/07/26, 03:57:03 »
Hey gents! Guten tag!
I was an aptosid user and forum member back in the day, hhh. I went on to help with BunsenLabs.
I've been using a minimal plasma-workspace session on top of a BunsenLabs Openbox default install upgraded to sid, and also one upgraded to testing with most of the BunsenLabs configs removed. Anyway, the result is remarkably light and I thought I'd share.
Plasma 5.13.2 session via lightdm...

Openbox session with xfce4-panel, power-manager and notifications, light-locker and compton, ...

More info...
https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?pid=74796#p74796

I think the latest Plasma is fantastic. I'm looking forward to using it with siduction! Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2018/07/26, 04:11:27 by hhhorb »

Offline devil

• Administrator
  • User
« Reply #91 on: 2018/07/26, 13:47:22 »
Thanks for sharing :)

Offline hhhorb

• User
« Reply #92 on: 2018/07/27, 09:00:26 »
Bitte!

Offline hhhorb

• User
« Reply #93 on: 2019/01/15, 03:01:36 »
" Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

:'(

I switched sources from sid to buster before the weekend, ahead of the transition freeze. A couple of glitches (graphics and a desktop crash) but weekend upgrades and a reboot seems to have sorted things...

To the siduction forum, and especially @devil for his support posts (and @towo for his work), thank you for your help! See y'all in a couple of years.

More scrots, this should not be a dead thread! Scrots get people interested in trying new things.

-edit- I forgot that the forum is primarily Deutsche and that the other scrot thread exists and is active. Carry on!
« Last Edit: 2019/01/15, 03:13:43 by hhhorb »

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #94 on: 2019/01/15, 03:46:51 »
I switched sources from sid to buster before the weekend, ahead of the transition freeze.
Not something I would consider but good that it worked for you. I'm considering installing Buster in ~6 months after it goes stable. I would keep a siduction install of course! I have a Stretch install with Plasma 5.12 from Neptune OS as a fallback now. Plasma has improved markedly since the Stretch default version but I could probably live with the Buster version.

-edit- I forgot that the forum is primarily Deutsche and that the other scrot thread exists and is active. Carry on!

We non-German natives who use siduction are still alive and well!  8)
I like your desktop photo, and have also move my panel to vertical. Makes more sense on a wide screen.

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #95 on: 2019/01/15, 03:54:17 »
Here's my current one, wallpaper courtesy of somewhere on the internet:

Offline unklarer

• User
« Reply #96 on: 2019/01/15, 11:34:42 »
Hello, you two!

yours screenshots look wonderful. I love that when the users show their desktops.   ;)

@3h
Thank you very much for your praise. This distibution is really the best if you want to have a real rolling release and you always consider the hints of those responsible.
I have therefore never experienced a bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, for years there have been no people like @damo, @bronto etc. from your forum who can easily create graphical elements in your distribution, which is an absolute pep.    8)  ???

Offline hhhorb

• User
« Reply #97 on: 2019/01/16, 01:38:19 »
Thanks for the posts and responses!

@sunrat, beautiful scrot. Plasma has blown GNOME out of the water, just on RAM usage alone, and then there's the customization factor and not having to deal with https://extensions.gnome.org/
I flipping love KDE Connect!

@unklarer, damo has returned to our forums after a long health issue! BrontosaurusRex is still active daily there, too.

BL serves it's purpose, a debian stable LIVE disc with a fairly minimal Openbox/xfce4-power-manager based desktop that installs easily on most hardware due to the inclusion of non-free firmware and whatnot. We're getting better, and are excited that the freeze has come and we can do some real development-testing on our next release, Lithium, based on buster.

That scrot, my primary partition, is BunsenLabs Helium (jessie) upgraded to debian sid, then downgraded (sort of?) to buster. I run Plasma but have BunsenLabs Openbox and Xfce sessions as well. Those available sessions have saved my behind a couple of times during the recent sid KDE upgrades.  Debian 4EVAH, One apt To Rule Them All.
« Last Edit: 2019/01/16, 02:03:25 by hhhorb »

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #98 on: 2020/01/17, 12:53:09 »
New year, new wallpaper. I confess I changed it one other time during the year. I'm a bit surprised how little anything else has changed on my desktop.

Offline piper

• Global Moderator
  • User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #99 on: 2020/01/29, 18:12:29 »
@sunrat

Nice leaf!

I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #100 on: 2020/01/29, 23:14:23 »
@piper
I learned from the master.  ;)

Nice molecule!