seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2019/12/12, 02:37:20

Help

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: "mdadm: no arrays found" && now "Failed: failed to start load kernel modules"  (Read 613 times)

Offline este.el.paz

• User
@piper:

Yep, I rebooted after I posted the last post and the GUI returned intact, so the thread is "solved."

I also ran the "purge mdadm"  or whatever it was, and it showed a number of lines of "purgation" but in said reboot the "no arrays found in config or automatically" lines returned . . . as before . . . .  But, GUI is in working order . . . much appreciated.

Offline este.el.paz

• User
@piper:
Code: apt purge mdadm

On cold boot this am the numerous "no arrays" lines remain,
is this one of those it should have been,
[/size]
Code: [Select]
apt purge mdadm.[code] 
where the period makes it "serious" as far as purging goes, or no the period is not required
and not advised as far as "mdadm" goes?
[/size][/size]

Offline piper

• Global Moderator
  • User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Don't use the period for that, only nvidia use the period please ;)

Unless you are a very experienced user in debian

apt purge mdadm
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

Offline este.el.paz

• User
Don't use the period for that, only nvidia use the period please ;)

Unless you are a very experienced user in debian

apt purge mdadm
@piper:
Alrighty, well obviously I'm not very experienced with debian, but I ran the command as you provided, and then since then run "apt update" a couple of times, as well as an "apt update; apt full-upgrade" . . . and still the "no arrays" lines returned.

It's not something that is "intolerable" . . . it just adds to the time to boot the system, which lately has the dmesg lines, followed by the, "the system will start in 1 min 28 seconds" and then it counts down the seconds, which when I first installed Siduction it literally flew through the dmesg and booted super quickly.
I guess no harm in running the "purge" command again . . . but will it hold against the . . . "lost arrays" ??? ??

[edit] A few minutes later I re-ran the purge command, and console says, "package 'mdadm' is not installed, so not removed."  So I guess the package was "purged" but some of the detritus of it remains in the system???  No worries on it, check you guys the next time.
« Last Edit: 2019/08/03, 17:13:30 by este.el.paz »