Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  No more boot  (Read 2422 times)

Online lanig

• User
No more boot
« on: 2023/09/06, 19:47:40 »
Hello,

I have an up-to-date siduction  system on my laptop with an encrypted root partition.
At boot time, I need to enter the password for the partition  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]   and then the system boots.
From this morning after entering the password, I am dropped to a bios menu and even if I choose boot menu--> Siduction   [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  ,  it can't boot. Disk seems to be fine  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ] .

Online lanig

• User
Re: No more boot
« Reply #1 on: 2023/09/06, 19:52:06 »
I have booted on my (rather old) siduction usb stick  and It seems that I can decrypt it but not mount it.
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Absolutely no idea of what is happening. I am on a rather slow connexion and use latex-live-full so I'd appreciate not to be obliged to do a full reinstall.
Any help welcome.

Offline ro_sid

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2023/09/06, 20:28:53 »
Have a look at the "[EN] Grub/Bootmanager destroyed how to restore?" thread (, the previous one, before yours).
A defective/misconfigured Grub is likely to be the culprit. The latter postings of the mentioned thread describe ways to restore correct booting.

Online lanig

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2023/09/06, 21:58:16 »
Thanks a lot. This thread seems indeed the good one !