Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Installer -- Ability to select BTRFS subvolume  (Read 3803 times)

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
[EN] Installer -- Ability to select BTRFS subvolume
« on: 2013/06/16, 17:01:50 »
BTRFS has a capability to set subvolumes within a BTRFS filesystem.  Each subvolume can be used like a partition, but has other advantages such as dynamic size adjustment within the BTRFS filesystem.  It would be great if the siduction installer could allow the user to select a BTRFS subvolume for installation of the OS, and including the Grub location.

I can't code it, but I can test it on hdds and sdds (BIOS boards only at this date).
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

louispolaire

Re: Installer -- Ability to select BTRFS subvolume
« Reply #1 on: 2014/01/13, 01:30:06 »
I support this request !
A issue will maybe be to help grub finding the other OS that may be on other subvolumes as os-prober doesn't do the job afaik.

Offline terroreek

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2014/01/13, 19:02:32 »
+1 this request as well. 

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #3 on: 2014/01/14, 17:28:44 »
Only a idea - please diskuss experimental feature in the experimental section. The most effort in near future will be to stabilize and improve the regular features in the installer, booth in frontends and backends. After that we will be glad to improve the experimental features.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)