seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2019/09/18, 00:41:17

Help

Poll

which is you favorite

no sid logo starwolfsid4sb.jpg
0 (0%)
chromed logo starwolfsid4sc.jpg
3 (37.5%)
regular sid logo starwolfsid4sf.jpg
5 (62.5%)
sid muted walls
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: new walls  (Read 3524 times)

Offline der_bud

• User
Re: new walls
« Reply #1 on: 2014/05/01, 16:24:31 »
From the ones you proposed, I would prefer starwolfsid4sf.  For my personal taste (never discuss art, though :D) the lines are to hard or crispy, a smoother and blurred gradient for the greyblue background while keeping the text, logo and orange line sharp would look more pleasant to me. Couly you try a variant where you let the text "siduction" sit just above the orange line, with a height not exceeding the top of the dotted logo? I tried to sketch this idea just inside your picture:
Du lachst? Wieso lachst du? Das ist doch oft so, Leute lachen erst und dann sind sie tot.

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #2 on: 2014/05/01, 22:14:39 »
From the ones you proposed, I would prefer starwolfsid4sf. 

+1

Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO, 2@WD1003FZEX in BTRFS

Offline starwolf

• User
« Reply #3 on: 2014/05/02, 02:54:54 »
From the ones you proposed, I would prefer starwolfsid4sf.  For my personal taste (never discuss art, though :D ) the lines are to hard or crispy, a smoother and blurred gradient for the greyblue background while keeping the text, logo and orange line sharp would look more pleasant to me. Couly you try a variant where you let the text "siduction" sit just above the orange line, with a height not exceeding the top of the dotted logo? I tried to sketch this idea just inside your picture:

I think this is what you were looking for

http://webpages.charter.net/starbuck1/Sdctn/starwolfsid4muted1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/starbuck1/Sdctn/starwolfsid4muted.jpg

Offline piper

• Global Moderator
  • User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
« Reply #4 on: 2014/05/02, 13:14:17 »
Quote from: dibl
Quote from: der_bud on Yesterday at 11:24:31 AMFrom the ones you proposed, I would prefer starwolfsid4sf. 

+1

+2
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all, it's like I cannot find a middle ground for a moderate fuck distribution, it's like what the fuck

Free speech isn't just fucking saying what you want to say, it's also hearing what you don't want to fucking hear

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #5 on: 2014/05/03, 03:48:45 »
Sorry, I don't like the liquid metal text at all.

Offline starwolf

• User
« Reply #6 on: 2014/05/04, 13:22:41 »
The art has move to here https://app.box.com/s/5vq6vnjbq9lgftej1xdb (wallpapers and icons)

Offline spacepenguin

• User
    • spacepenguin.de
« Reply #7 on: 2014/05/04, 15:00:00 »
Sorry, I don't like the liquid metal text at all.

I Agree! I don't like the metallized text/logo at all. It is good artwork but I don't like it for siduction. The current/a plain flat logo and text would be better IMHO. KISS ;). From the ones in the package I would choose "starwolfsid4muted". That's missing in the survey...

And if I had to choose from something with metal I would choose the wallpaper with the plain logo. But IMHO a wallpaper should not distract with harsh and confusing patterns - and a logo should be present, yes, but more subliminal ;).
« Last Edit: 2014/05/04, 16:03:49 by spacepenguin »
Susan | Hardware: SysProfile
Music-Profile: http://www.last.fm/de/user/spacepengu