Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [EN] Windows 10 Garbage Being Pushed to Windows 7 and 8.1  (Read 3972 times)

KrunchTime

[EN] Windows 10 Garbage Being Pushed to Windows 7 and 8.1
« on: 2015/09/11, 07:28:32 »
I got this link from a post by intoCB over in the CrunchBang Linux forums.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/30/windows-10-spying-on-windows-7-and-windows-8/

domicius

Re: Windows 10 Garbage Being Pushed to Windows 7 and 8.1
« Reply #1 on: 2015/09/11, 10:24:28 »
I'm having a hard time understanding the concerns from Windows 7 and 8 users about upgrading to Windows 10 (OK, there are some horror stories about the upgrade going bad, but that's always there to some degree, most people have a problem free experience upgrading), especially concerning privacy - I mean, the same corporation is behind the software, the corporation that, along with its tactics should be really well known to anyone by now, even the most average user, but *now* it's a problem that it contacts home, does automatic upgrades etc.? I actually welcome automatic upgrades for the average users, and the more advanced users can (should?) use more controllable systems if they want more control. I mean, isn't it laughable that advanced MS Windows users complain about the lack of control of their systems? :)

Offline vilde

• User
« Reply #2 on: 2015/09/11, 10:41:59 »
Thank you KrunchTime, I have successfully removed the spy shit from my win7 installation, used this link.

@ domicius My opinion - The problem is not the auto-update itself it's the shit it does install without warning

I do hate the fact that I have to have a win installation, but to be able to update my blue tooth devices, among them my Sena comunication set for motorcykles.

belze

« Reply #3 on: 2015/09/11, 12:05:15 »
The problem is not the auto-update itself it's the shit it does install without warning
THIS is THE point, i agree!

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #4 on: 2015/09/11, 15:11:23 »
The problem is not the auto-update itself it's the shit it does install without warning

Hey, that remind me somewhat on the systemd introduction into unstable :D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

belze

« Reply #5 on: 2015/09/11, 15:28:38 »

Hey, that remind me somewhat on the systemd introduction into unstable :D
istigator  8)

KrunchTime

« Reply #6 on: 2015/09/12, 11:49:25 »
@domicius:  You might peruse a thread I started over in the CrunchBang forums.

http://www.crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=40248