Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic:  REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA  (Read 25272 times)

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
Re: REALLY THE LAST POST IN ZIKULA
« Reply #75 on: 2013/11/04, 03:29:37 »
in diesem Zusammenhang möchte ich erwähnen, dass unter meinem Profil -> "Profil-Informationen" -> "Statistiken" die Liste "meistbesuchte Boards" nur noch Einträge mit  "English"/"Deutsch" enthält (bis auf den Eintrag "Upgrade Warnings DE & EN").
Es hat wohl keiner bei smf daran gedacht, dass jemand Subboards einrichtet ... - die Links zeigen schon auf die richtigen boards, ohne das Parent-Board ist die Information aber erst mal reichlich sinnlos :)

Schön ist das nicht, aber erst mal wohl eins unserer geringeren Probleme
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

Offline sunrat

• User
« Reply #76 on: 2013/11/06, 09:57:00 »
I was just messing around with my profile settings and noticed that I could choose an avatar from Gallery. It offers the choice of what appears to be the avatars of every other user here. Surely this is not desirable.
Otherwise the new forum looks good. 8)

Offline dsat

• User
Hi,

the old forum had the ability to maximize view for using the full screen. Does the new forum offer this possibility also?

Das alte Forum hatte die Fähigkeit die Ansicht zu maximieren, um den ganzen Bildschirm zu nutzen. Bietet das neue Forum diese Möglichkeit auch?

Regards / Gruß dsat

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #78 on: 2013/11/06, 14:15:33 »
Nö, noch nicht - das ist ein festes Design mit 950px Breite - das alte Forum hatte wohl den Fallback von Zikula auf postnuke nativ - wird noch kommen, aber wir wissen noch nicht wann. Fluid-Designs, oder wie das in Neuhochdeutsch wohl heisst, sind wohl mit SMF 2.1 in Vorbereitung.

Wir werden in der nächsten Zeit erst einmal das aktuelle Design soweit anpassen, dass es wirklich voll benutzbar ist, dann kommt ein Layout mit hohem Kontrast und dann wahrscheinlich ein skalierendes Layout. DAs kann aber noch eine Weile dauern.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755)
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. (Hanlons razor)

timc

« Reply #79 on: 2013/11/07, 21:15:47 »
Hmmm, I had the new forums just about figured out and now (since a couple of hours ago) it seems the list on the Siduction Forum index page has been completely scrambled. I have no idea what the current "organization" is supposed to represent.

Up until now, most of the sub-forums had a separate link for English or German. Now, I tried to select one that says it is English, but when I get to the posts, they are German.

I am lost.

Tim

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #80 on: 2013/11/07, 21:27:11 »
Clean your browser cache - that may be helpful. (Especially if one use chromium)

timc

« Reply #81 on: 2013/11/07, 21:55:27 »
Thanks for the tip, melmarker, but it did not help. Also, I use Iceweasel.

Tim

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #82 on: 2013/11/07, 23:02:10 »
Tim it's working correctly here, both chromium and iceweasel. I'm posting from iceweasel.  Something in your video configuration must have gone south.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

timc

« Reply #83 on: 2013/11/07, 23:18:58 »
Tim it's working correctly here, both chromium and iceweasel. I'm posting from iceweasel.  Something in your video configuration must have gone south.

Well, I don't think so. This is the only strange thing I have noticed anywhere. I will make a screenshot of what I'm seeing and add it to this post.

Tim
« Last Edit: 2013/11/07, 23:22:47 by timc »

Offline reddark

• User
    • http://www.klangruinen.de/
« Reply #84 on: 2013/11/07, 23:28:18 »
Warum sehe ich jetzt nur noch die deutschen Beiträge? Ab und an, schau ich auch mal ins englische rein und versuche mit meinem gebrochenem Wortschatz etwas zu entziffern .. ;)

Ansonsten alles chick ...  :D

Offline dibl

• siduction community member
  • Global Moderator
  • User
    • Land of the Buckeye
« Reply #85 on: 2013/11/07, 23:38:15 »
I will make a screenshot of what I'm seeing and add it to this post.

That looks correct Tim.  If you click one of the subforums, for example "Software Support", do you get a choice of English and German?  And then if you click English, you should see the English forum.
System76 Oryx Pro, Intel Core i7-11800H, SSD 970 EVO Plus;  Asus ROG STRIX X299-E, Core i7-7740X, Nvidia GTX-1060, dual monitors, SSD 860 EVO

timc

« Reply #86 on: 2013/11/07, 23:58:28 »
Yes, it does. But, the way it was through this morning was that the main index showed the English and German child forums side by side, with a separate New indicator for each. I liked it better that way, but I can get used to the new way if that's how it's going to be. Thanks.

Tim

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #87 on: 2013/11/08, 01:35:54 »
It was a caching error - a hard reload may help. On the serverside all caches are cleared (php object cache, database cache, memcached) - a browser cache and and caching limits are a fine thing, but there are often bugs and glitches in the implementation with several browsers. For iceweasel/firefox there should be a wonderful AddOn named CacheToggle 0.6.

A <Ctrl><F5> should hard reload a page with all objects like pictures, css, js - but i'm not sure about that - its in the browser implementation.
« Last Edit: 2013/11/08, 01:41:12 by melmarker »

Offline absolut

• User
« Reply #88 on: 2013/11/08, 13:49:17 »
"new message" notification in the forum list is broken. when there is a new post in a sub-board, it will not be listed in the overview. after reading / marking the sub-boards read, the sub-board will re-appear in the overview... see following screenshots as explanation

Offline melmarker

• User
    • g-com.eu
« Reply #89 on: 2013/11/08, 19:38:55 »
hmmm... not broken, only not visible, my fault. Fixed.