seduction
 Language:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2019/05/26, 18:10:08

Help

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Synaptic  (Read 183 times)

Online titan

• User
Synaptic
« on: 2018/11/15, 22:02:52 »
Whenever Synaptic is mentioned the advice is use apt for package management, which I do but as mentioned in another thread there is one function that I can't find the apt command for, that is to see what new packages have been added to the repro since the last update. While looking for an answer I have discovered wajig it is in the repros   https://wiki.debian.org/Wajig   and is a control line wrapper for apt, dpkg , cache etc it looks interesting and to see what is new just use new command, simple. I am going to give it a try  replacing apt and synaptic see how it goes.

Offline piper

• Global Moderator
  • User
  • we are the priests ... of the temples of syrinx
Re: Synaptic
« Reply #1 on: 2018/11/15, 23:51:57 »
I've used this before, it's actually been around since 2004, I have just been trying it again
"We're all grown up and don't freak out when a piece of text contains the word 'fuck'. I still don't understand why people think that the word 'fuck' is what would keep certain groups from contributing to the Linux kernel. In all seriousness, it doesn't."

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz